It’s quick and easy to use Mr. Clean® products and these magic erasers or sheets actually do clean! All of these are available on Amazon.com.
Eliminate all the hard work using different chemicals for spring cleaning, floors, walls, cabinets, in the kitchen and bathroom.
Floors include hardwood, laminate, tile, and concrete removing occasional scuff marks too.
All you need to do is wet the magic eraser and use. It works when wet to release the powerful cleaning power inside the eraser.
How Mr. Clean® Magic Erasers Work
Magic eraser sponges are made of melamine foam that is a porous, super-fine sandpaper with many tiny holes throughout so that when used with water the foam grabs onto the micro-particles of debris and dirt.
This same foam material is used for melamine dishes and insulation for sound proofing. Subsequently, it was realized that it was highly effective to remove stains and scuff marks.
How to Use Magic Erasers
Wet the sponge and scrub in a circular motion. Being abrasive, don’t use it on anything that could be damaged. Always do a test spot before starting to clean.
After you’ve finished your cleaning project, wring out the sponge and let it air dry. You can use the sponges many times before they need to be thrown out. They will usually crumble and fall apart when they are unusable.
Magic Eraser Uses
I keep a box of magic erasers under my bathroom sink and under my kitchen sink with another package in the laundry room for quick clean up. They are inexpensive when you think of how many times they can be reused.
From kids’ scuff marks on walls and floor to burned on food on your cooking range, you’ll find these are indeed magic cleaning. Magic erasers will also remove permanent markers the kids used when coloring in their books.
Labels and stickers can be removed from any glass or plastic item. The sticky gluey residue will come right off.
I don’t like fiberglass bath tubs and showers, preferring porcelain; however, the fiberglass ones seem to be what’s used today. The stains and dirt will come off from these along with dirt and spots on the floor and tile or painted walls.
My fiberglass bath tub shower combination had hair dye stains, since this is where I wash my hair after putting color on at the sink and rinsing there. I thought I’d never get it out but magic erasers did it for me and I was delighted that it’s now white again with soap scum and dye residue gone!
- Use magic erasers on tile grout that’s in floor and wall tile. The grout must have been sealed to clean this way.
- Use on shoes with stubborn stains and grime.
- Check the interior surfaces of your vehicle before starting the entire project.
- Clean your countertops, your stove, and garage areas.
- You can save money by cutting your magic erasers into smaller pieces for smaller chores.
- Remove caked-on grease from a stovetop or hood.
- Clean your computer keyboard. Don’t let it get under the keys where electronics are or the keys won’t work.
- Clean your iPad or tablet cover.
- Clean up plastic outdoor furniture, anything vinyl on siding, fences, and more.
- Remove soot from the fireplace or wood stove.
- Remove cloudiness from glassware.
- Remove coffee and tea stains from cups, glasses, and pots.
- Remove makeup from the floor even hair dye.
- Soap scum and hard-water stains will be gone.
- Remove light rust from around faucets and drains.
- Clean up the refrigerator removing food first. Don’t clean the outside if it’s not stainless steel or it could be damaged.
- Clean the inside and outside of the microwave. Wash the glass turning plate in hot soapy water by hand.
- Clean the fridge. Remove the food, and wipe down the entire exterior (including the front of the fridge if it’s not stainless steel).
- Remove all the food debris and burned on stuff inside your oven.
Look for the bald-headed guy with one left earring in the white suit for Mr. Clean® products.
Read ingredients list from Mr. Clean®. Bleach is not in the magic sponges.
Manufacturer’s disclaimer: Test a small area with light pressure before use. Not recommended for the following surfaces: high gloss, polished, dark, brushed, satin, faux, bare/polished wood, copper, stainless steel appliances, non-stick coating or vehicle body. Do not use with chlorine bleach or other household cleaners. Rinse required for surfaces in direct contact with food. Do not use on skin or other parts of the body. Using on skin will likely cause abrasions. Keep out of reach of toddlers and pets to avoid accidental ingestion.
15 Ways to Clean with the Magic Eraser video.